Education & Working Experience
2004.10-2008.11 Institute of Particle Science and Engineering, University of Leeds, UK, Ph.D.
2009.04-2013.09 Department of Environmental Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing, Lecturer
2013.09-2019.06 Department of Environmental Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing, Associate Professor
2019.07-Present Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing, Professor
Undergraduate courses：Water pollution and control, Energy and its sustainability
Postgraduate course：Wastewater treatment engineering, Wastewater treatment and reuse, Energy and Environment
1. High thermal energy storage and heat transfer mechanism of high conductive porous ceramic based PCM (Grant No. U1760112), supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China; 2018.01-2020.12;
2. Sulfur and nitrate emission reduction technology and demonstration based on blast furnace burden structure optimization (Grant No. 2017YFC0210604-01), supported by Ministry of Science and Technology of China; 2018.01-2020.12
3. Toilet innovation technology and its promotion, 2016-2019, supported by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
4. Mechanism investigation into the toxicology of ZnO nanofluids and its control (Grant No. 41203073), supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China; 2013.1-2015.12;
5. Antibacterial activity and mechanism of ZnO nanofluids combined with ultrasonication (Grant No. YETP0342), Beijing university young talent program; 2013.04-2015.12;
6. Control of active components in steel slag and its usage (2011AA06A105), supported by Ministry of Science and Technology of China; 2012.01-2016.12;
7. Project on 50 million tons/yr industrial waste usage in cement process(2011BAC06B10), supported by Ministry of Science and Technology of China; 2011.01-2015.12;
8. International cooperation on the research of organic waste fermentation technology and the use of biogas (2013DFG92620), supported by Ministry of Science and Technology of China; 2013.04-2016.03;
9. Project on the usage of high efficiency heat storage materials in blast furnace and coke oven (2011BAE12B01-02), supported by Ministry of Science and Technology of China; 2012.01-2013.06;
10. Design, construction and monitoring of fecal sludge-fed industrial biogas plant in Africa, supported by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, 2012.
Main journal publications：
1. Jiang, F., Zhang,L.L* etal.. Skeleton materials for shape-stabilization of high temperature salts based phase change materials: A critical review. [J]. Renewable and sustainable energy reviews, 2020, 119:109539.
2. Zhang,L.L*, Jin, H., Ma,H.K., Gregory K.et al..Oxidative damage of antibiotic resistant E. Coli and gene in a novel sulfidated micro zero-valent acitvated persulfate system. [J]. Chemical Engineering Journal,2020, 381:122787.
3. Ma H, Zhang L.L.*, Huang X, et al. A novel three-dimensional galvanic cell enhanced Fe2+/persulfate system: High efficiency, mechanism and damaging effect of antibiotic resistant E. coli and genes [J]. Chemical Engineering Journal,2019, 362: 667-678.
4. Zhang,L.L*, Ma,H.K., Huang,X.M., et. al. Fast and efficient inactivation of antibiotic resistant Escherichia coli by iron electrode-activated sodium peroxydisulfate in a galvanic cell. Chemical Engineering Journal. 2019. 355: 150-158.
5. Zhang,L.L.*, Zhang,Z.X., He,X., Zheng,L., Cheng,S.K. and Li,Z.F. Diminished inhibitory impact of ZnO nanoparticles on anaerobic fermentation by the presence of TiO2 nanoparticles: Phenomenon and mechanism. Science and the Total Environment. 2019. 647:313-322.
6. Mukiza, E., Liu,X.M.*, Zhang,L.L*, Zhang, N. Preparation and characterization of a red mud-based road base material: Strength formation mechanism and leaching characteristics. Construction and Building Materials. 2019. 220:297 – 307.
7. Mukiza, E., Zhang,L.L*, Liu,X.M.*, Zhang, N. Utilization of red mud in road base and subgrade materials: A review. Resources, Conservation & Recycling. 2019, 14:187-199.
8. Zhang,L.L., Ding,W., Qiu,J.T, Jin,H., Ma,H.K., Li,Z.F. and Cang,D.Q. Modeling and optimization study on sulfamethoxazole degradation by electrochemically activated persulfate process. Journal of Cleaner Production. 2018. 197: 297-305.
9. Zhao,G.Z., Zhang,L.L* and Cang,D.Q. Pilot trial of detoxification of chromium slag in cyclone furnace and production of slag wool fibres. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2018. 358: 122-128.
10. Jiang,F., Zhang,L.L*, Mukiza,E., Qi,Z.W. and Cang,D.Q. Formation mechanism of high apparent porosity ceramics prepared from fly ash cenosphere. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2018. 749: 750-757.