Education & Working Experience
Assistant professor (2020-), University of Science and Technology Beijing
Postdoc (2017-2020), Tsinghua University
Ph.D. (2016), M.A. (2013), Atmospheric Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles
M.S. (2011), B.S. (2008), Environmental Science, Peking University, Beijing, China
Environmental information system
1. Effects of morphology and mixing state on optical properties of black carbon (Grant No. 21806088), supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2019.01-2021.12
2. Integration of technologies on joint prevention and control of air pollution and heavy pollution emergency plan in Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei and surrounding areas (Grant No. 2017YFC0213005), supported by Key Projects of National Key Research and Development Program of the Ministry of Science and Technology of China, 2017.12-2021.12
3. Assessing PM2.5 exposures with high spatiotemporal resolution in China with infiltration factor, supported by Fundamental research funding for Universities, 2020.11-2022.11
4. Air pollution chemistry, supported by National Natural Science Foundation, 2017-2022
5. Integrated technologies on joint control of PM2.5 and ozone in the Yangtze River Delta, supported by Key Projects of National Key Research and Development Program of the Ministry of Science and Technology of China; 2018.06-2021.06
6 Heavy air pollution cases and pollution prediction technology, supported by Causes and Control of Heavy Air pollution Program of Premier Funding, 2017-2019
7 Strategict Roadmap for Improving Air Quality in Building a Beautiful China, supported by Towards a Beautiful China Ecological Environment Protection Strategy and Implementation of Chinese Academy of Environmental Planning, 2018
8. Study on Air Quality Objectives under the General Urban Plan of Beijing (2016-2035), supported by Institute of Urban Governance and Sustainable Development, Tsinghua University; 2018
9. Key Objectives and Working Strategies of the 14th Five-Year Plan for Atmospheric Environment, supported by monographic study of 14th Plan for Air Quality Improvement of Ministry of Ecology and Environment, 2020
Social/ Academic Work
Member of American Geophysical Union and European Geophysical Union.
Reviewer of Environmental Science & Technology, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, etc
Review Editor for Frontiers in Environmental Science
Main journal publications：
● Qi, L., S.X. Wang, H.T. Zheng and D. Ding, Understanding the inter-annual variations of ozone in China in the last decade in perspective of emission control and meteorology, in preparation, 2019
● Qi, L., S.X. Wang, H.T. Zheng and D. Ding, Understanding the inter-annual variations of surface PM2.5 in China in the last decade in perspective of emission control and meteorology, in preparation, 2019
● Qi, L., S.X. Wang, H.T. Zheng and D. Ding, Understanding the inter-annual variations of aerosol optical depth in China in the last decade in perspective of emission control and meteorology, in preparation, 2019
● Qi, L. and S.X. Wang, Fossil fuel combustion and biomass burning sources of global black carbon from GEOS-Chem simulation and carbon isotope measurements, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 19, 11545-11557, doi:10.5194/acp-19-11545-2019, 2019
● Qi, L. and S.X., Wang, Sources of black carbon in the atmosphere and in snow in the Arctic, Science of the Total Environmnet, 691, 442-454, doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.07.073, 2019
● He, C. L., Liou, K.-N., Takano, Y., Yang, P., Qi, L., and Chen, F., Impact of Grain Shape and Multiple Black Carbon Internal Mixing on Snow Albedo: Parameterization and Radiative Effect Analysis, J. of Geophys, Res., 123, 10.1002/2017JD027752, 2018
● Qi, L., Q. B. Li, Y. R. Li, C. L. He, Factors controlling black carbon distribution in the Arctic, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 17, 1037-1059, doi:10.5194/acp-17-1037-2017, 2017
● Qi, L., Q. B. Li, C. L. He, X. Wang and J. P. Huang, Effects of the Wegener-Bergeron-Findeisen Process on Global Black Carbon Distribution, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 17, 7459-7479, https://doi.org/10.5194/acp-17-7459-2017, 2017
● Qi, L., Q. B. Li, C. L. He, D. Henze, Sources of springtime surface black carbon in the Arctic: an adjoint analysis for April 2008, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 17, 9697-9716, https://doi.org/10.5194/acp-17-9697-2017, 2017
● Zhao, B., Liou, K.-N., Gu, Y., Li, Q., Jiang, J. H., Su, H., He C. L., Tseng, H. R., Wang, S. X., Liu, R., Qi, L., Lee, W.-L. Hao, J. M., Enhanced PM2.5 pollution in China due to aerosol-cloud interactions, Sci. Rep., 7:4453, DOI:10.1038/s41598-017-04096-8, 2017.
● He, C., Q. Li, K.-N. Liou, L. Qi, S. Tao, J. P. Schwarz, Microphysics-based black carbon aging in a global CTM: constraints from HIPPO observations and implications for global black carbon budget, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 16 (16), 3077-3098, 2016
● Mao, Y. H., Q. B. Li, D. K. Henze, Z. Jiang, D. B. A. Jones, M. Kopacz, C. He, L. Qi, M. Gao, W.-M. Hao, and K.-N. Liou, Estimates of black carbon emissions in the western United States using the GEOS-Chem adjoint model, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 15, 7685-7702, doi:10.5194/acp-15-7685-2015, 2015.
● He, C., Q. B. Li, K.-N. Liou, Y. Takano, J. Zhang, Y. Gu, L. Qi, Y. Mao, M. Gao, Black Carbon Radiative Forcing over the Tibetan Plateau, Geophys. Res. Lett., 41, 10.1002/2014GL062191, 2014.
● He, C., Q. B. Li, K. N. Liou, J. Zhang, L. Qi, Y. H. Mao, M. Gao, Z. Lu, D. G. Streets, Q. Zhang, M. M. Sarin, and K. Ram, A global 3-D CTM evaluation of black carbon in the Tibetan Plateau, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 14, 7091-7112, doi:10.5194/acp-14-7091-2014, 2014.
● Qi, L., Y. Zhao and S.D. Xie, Optimization of PM10 monitoring network in Beijing, Huan Jing Ke Xue, 33(2), 525:31, 2012 (in Chinese)
Fellowship for graduate students of UCLA, ‘Wu Si’ scholarship of Peking University, excellent social work award of Peking University, First class Study Prize, First Class fellowship for graduate students of Peking University
Dynamic emission inventory database system for air pollution sources